When looking for the right office space for rent, some factors are more critical than others. Whether expanding an existing business or starting a new company, you want to focus on five particular factors. Because modern offices are aesthetically pleasing and loaded with state-of-the-art amenities, features, and technologies, you should take your time so that you do not get swayed into making the wrong decision.
When it comes to business space for rent, make the following five things a vital part of the decision-making process.
- Location – The location of office space can help or hinder your business. The goal is to choose a place that provides both prospects and existing customers easy access. Especially if you conduct a lot of in-person meetings, the location of your office becomes even more critical.
- Costs – For commercial office space for lease, consider virtually every cost. In particular, if you have a start-up company, you will likely feel a financial pinch until you experience some growth. Although the amount of rent per square foot is essential, make sure you focus on your upfront expenses, including rent, insurance, furniture, improvements, utilities, maintenance, and so on.
- Office Space Infrastructure – Any office space for rent must provide the appropriate infrastructure. For example, you will need a high-speed internet connection, faxing, copying, and printing capabilities, a private meeting room, reliable Wi-Fi connectivity, and more.
- Contract Duration – Something else to consider is the length of your lease contract for the rented office space. To determine if a six-month, one-year, or a multiple-year contract is best, analyze your company’s growth rate, ultimate goals and objectives, finances, and so on. If you opt for a shorter lease but love the space, ask about having a clause written whereby you get the first right for an extension if you decide to stay longer.
- Company Type – You even need to consider your business type and industry. If you have your sights set on a downtown location but have a tight budget, perhaps you could share office space with another company. However, if you receive or ship a lot of packages, a downtown location could become a significant challenge.
For help with finding the perfect office space, you can utilize our services. Through our commercial page on our website, you can look at multiple options, finding the office space that best suits your business needs. For more information, please give us a call at 403.770.2300.