When looking for a small business space, the price is always a challenge. Most people think that being on a budget equates to compromising on a quality space, but that is far from the truth. The reality is that, even on a tight budget, you have many opportunities to find the perfect space for running a successful business.
Helpful Tips for a Small business Space
The following tips will help you find an outstanding small business space without having a lot of money to spend.
- Unnecessary Amenities – Although it would be nice to rent office space with all the latest and greatest amenities, this will definitely add to the cost. To keep the price of the lease down, determine the exact amenities that you need to run your business and nothing more. Some properties allow you to choose the amenities that you want, adding on others as the budget permits.
- Co-Working Space – You might also join a co-working space, which has become a popular solution for entrepreneurs and startup companies. Compared to a traditional space, this is affordable. With co-working, employees from several different companies share a work environment. Depending on the setup, the space might have an open concept or consist of individual offices. Because you are not required to lock into an extensive lease, you can save money to move on to a business office that is more conducive to your needs.
- Subletting – You can also look for a smaller office that allows subletting. In this case, you have a designated space to run your business while subleasing another area of the office to an individual or several employees of the same company.
- Location – More than likely, you have a preferred location for your company, which is understandable. However, if you are on a limited budget, you may need to look outside of those parameters. Often, going just one mile from the desired location will save you a tremendous amount of money.
- Shop Around – When on a budget, you cannot be in too much of a hurry to rent small business space. Take the time you need to research multiple properties before making a decision.
- Professional Services – If you are having a difficult time finding the right small business space on your own, it is time to turn to the professionals. As a prime example, the Strategic Group is a well-respected company that helps people find space that meets very specific criteria.