When it comes to Calgary rentals, most people dread the process of finding the perfect home. The problem is that searches typically take a lot of time. Fortunately, there are some tips that will make finding the best Calgary apartment rentals easier and less time-consuming.
- Know Your Budget – Before you even start your search for Calgary apartment rentals, you need to know exactly how much you can afford to pay each month. Remember that to move into a new rental, you will also need to pay money upfront, which usually consists of a first and last month’s rent plus a security deposit. By setting a budget, you avoid wasting time looking at places that you cannot afford.
- Long-Term Rental – Unless you plan to move within the next year, look for an apartment that you could comfortably live in for several years. In some instances, a landlord will let you lock into a two or three-year lease, during which time there would be no rent increase.
- Be Flexible – Even if you have your sights set on a three-bedroom apartment, but you find a two-bedroom that is in the ideal location and for less than you wanted to pay, determine if you can compromise. Perhaps you wanted an on-site fitness facility but found the perfect apartment without this amenity. Being somewhat flexible reduces your stress and it could open doors to you finding the perfect home.
- Location, Location, Location – The best solution would be to find a home that offers an easy commute to work. However, you also have to consider other things, such as a nearby hospital, grocery store, public park, and so on. Although you might need to go somewhat further than expected to achieve low cost rent in Calgary, start by focusing on properties within the areas that you like best.
- Transportation – If you have a vehicle, then getting to and from work is no problem, but if you depend on public transportation, you need to hone in on apartments that are within close proximity to bus stops.
Regardless if you are interested in one, two, or three-bedroom apartments or condominiums for rent, our experts at the Strategic Group can help. For a full list of available apartments please visit strategicgroup.ca