In spirit of the University of Calgary Career Expo, we are offering all U of C students a chance to win a weekend getaway to Canmore, AB! All you have to do is submit a 15-30 second video via Twitter and Instagram telling us why you’ve chosen YYC as a place to live, explore, go to school, begin a career etc. We are looking for creativity and originality. We want you to inspire us and show us the best of Calgary. Please see rules and regulations below;
Official Rules “#Whyyc” Contest
The Strategic Group “#Whyyc” contest (the “Contest”) is provided by Strategic Group.
The contest is open only to: Current University of Calgary students who live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and are 18 years or older*.
*Excluded from the eligibility are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Strategic Group. No fee is necessary to enter the contest.
The Contest begins at 11:00 a.m. (MDT) on February 2, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (MDT) on February 15, 2016.
Tell us in a 15 to 30 second video why you’ve chosen Calgary as a place to live, explore, begin a career, go to school, etc. You can participate in the contest in the following ways:
- • Upload your video on YouTube and then share your video URL on your Twitter account. Tag @strategicgrp, #whyyc and follow us on Twitter to enter and qualify for the prize.
- • Upload your video on your Instagram account. Tag @strategicgrp, #whyyc and follow us on Instagram to enter and qualify for the prize.
- • Use a different video program, create a URL and share the video URL on your Twitter account. Tag @strategicgrp, #whyyc and follow us on Twitter to enter and qualify for the prize.
A 2-night stay at a luxurious condo located in beautiful and rustic Canmore, Alberta. Canmore is located on the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies, one hour west of Calgary. Banff National Park lies just to the west and north of Canmore, with the town of Banff only 15 minutes away. Canmore offers adventure for all seasons. Activities include: hiking, skiing and snowboarding, spas, rafting, horseback riding, shopping, golfing, and more!
This two-bedroom, two-bath condo features:
- • Heated indoor swimming pool with waterslide and indoor/outdoor hot tub
- • 24-hour concierge
- • Racquet ball/basketball courts
- • Fitness centre
- • On-site spa and restaurant
- • Mountain views
- • Complimentary shuttle service to nearby Silvertip Golf Course
Prize Value: $300 CDN
The Prize Winner must:
- • Be over the age of 18;
- • Provide a scan or photocopy of a valid government issued photo identification and U of C student card to Strategic Group;
- • Make their own travel arrangements and be responsible for all costs and expenses;
- • Sign and return to Strategic Group the waiver of liability, indemnity agreement, and assumption of risk form;
- • Use the condo on specified dates.
Selection of Winners:
A panel of judges, selected by Strategic Group, will select the winner. The winner will be decided based on the originality and creativity of the video submission.
On February 16, 2016, Strategic Group will contact the winner via direct message on social media (Twitter or Instagram) dependant on the participant’s method of entry. If after multiple attempts to contact the Prize Winner and Strategic Group cannot reach the participant within three days, Strategic Group will be free of any liability and may choose another winner. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online participant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address tied to the Instagram or Twitter account. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Participants are solely responsible for monitoring their own Twitter and Instagram accounts for notification.
Strategic Group reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant from the Contest if Strategic Group finds or reasonably believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest Page; and/or to be acting: in violation of these Rules; in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Strategic Group, any of their respective employees, any other participants, or any other person.
If uploading a video to YouTube, comply with the YouTube contest policies and guidelines.
By submitting your video content to Strategic Group, as set out in herein, you hereby grant the Strategic Group the following worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable rights and licenses:
- • to host, cache, store, archive, index, crawl, create algorithms based thereon, modify or transcode the video content to appropriate media formats, standards or mediums;
- • to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, remix, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and publicly display the video content at the discretion of the Strategic Group, including in connection with any distribution or syndication arrangement thereof with third parties or third party sites, in any media format or medium and through any media channels;
- • and to use your video content for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, including without limitation, the right to publicly display, perform, reproduce and distribute your video content in any media format or medium and through any media channels.